The world is a changing place, but one thing stays the same - being responsible for the impact you leave on Earth. Even the smallest act counts. Here are 10 ways BAMtravels practices sustainability:
- We travel in small groups (6-15 travellers), leaving less of an impact on the environment.
- We support local businesses by using their services as much as possible (accommodation, restaurants, markets, convenience stores, tour guides).
- We use public transportation, cycle, or walk whenever we can during a tour.
- We prohibit the buying of illegal animal products in respect to animal rights.
- We ask our travellers not to litter, and to clean up after themselves.
- We suggest carrying refillable water bottles if possible.
- We recommend travelling with a backpack / small luggage to reduce over-consumption.
- We sometimes stay in dorms / shared rooms to reduce electricity use.
- We implement certain sustainable activities on our tours, such as a Temple Stay in South Korea (eating organic food without wasting it, spending time in nature, meditating).
- We respect cultural differences and advise our travellers to do the same.
- Most importantly, we are working to build initiatives that help the local community and those in need directly.
Meet Danny & Sonya Danny and Sonya are the lead travellers and will give you the best time!View Our Team